Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bacon and Egg Salad Sandwich

"I've spent a good portion of my life searching for the perfect egg salad sandwich. I finally found one in New York City, at a deli on Seventh Avenue." - GALE GAND

Whenever I'm craving an egg salad sandwich, I default to the one at Starbucks, because that's the only place I can find one around my office.  But Starbucks seems to have pooled all of their excellence into coffee and muffins and left nothing for their egg sandwiches.  It looks impressive, all fat and eggy, but it's just lacking - sort of like the way Perrier is confusing to me because it's soda........but tasteless.. ?...

This one by Gale Gand is exactly what I crave - lots of big flavors, lots of color, lots of chunks.

And if you are wondering why I needed a recipe to make something as basic as egg salad, it's because I've never been able to properly boil an egg in my life, and I needed someone to walk me through it.
Nothing more humbling than looking down at an overcooked green egg. I get it, I am a novice. I get it. 


Bacon and Egg Salad Sandwich
adapted from Brunch! by Gale Gand

INGREDIENTS
8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
4 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
salt + pepper to taste
bread, for sandwiching

DIRECTIONS

Roughly chop the hard-boiled eggs, and throw them in a medium bowl.

Stir in bacon, mayo, mustard, and chives. Season with salt and pepper. 

Sandwich!

1 comment:

  1. yay first ever to comment on your blog! remember this when it gets all famous in the food world :)

    <3 annie

    ReplyDelete